Assault & Homicide Attorney Lebanon & Mt Juliet TN
Assault Lawyer Near Me
Experienced Lebanon and Mt. Juliet Tennessee Attorneys
I and my associate attorneys at Frank Lannom Law Group represent individuals who are facing complex charges of assault or homicide, commonly called murder, in the state of Tennessee. Established in 1995 and based in Lebanon with an office in Mt. Juliet, our law firm is comprised of highly experienced and knowledgeable attorneys, paralegals and investigators, all of whom have had extensive experience defending citizens accused of this crime.
Protecting Your Legal Rights
We understand the upheaval in the life of an individual who is under investigation for assault or homicide. The law enforcement officers and prosecutor involved in your case will do their best to secure your conviction, but we will ensure your rights are protected by providing you with an assertive and compassionate criminal defense.
Throughout the criminal law process for assault or homicide, our defense attorneys, paralegals and investigators will provide the advice, counsel and representation necessary to ensure that you are treated fairly and receive due process of the law. My firm reviews the circumstances of each case, conducting our own investigation to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the entire situation. We are very familiar with criminal law procedures and the actions that are necessary to advance your legal rights.
Tennessee’s Assault and Homicide Statutes
Tennessee law describes a large number of distinct assault and homicide crimes, each with a defined possible punishment upon conviction. We will fight aggressively to get your assault or homicide charge(s) dismissed or reduced to a lesser charge, and will serve as your advocate if a trial is necessary.
Here is a partial list of assault and homicide charges in the state of Tennessee as well as corresponding penalties:
- Assault: Class A felony punishable by imprisonment (up to 11 months and 29 days) and a fine up to $2,500
- Aggravated assault: Class C felony punishable by imprisonment (3-5 years)
- Sexual Battery: Class E felony punishable by imprisonment (1 to 6 years) and a fine up to $3,000
- Aggravated Sexual Battery: Class B felony punishable by imprisonment (8 to 30 years) and a fine up to $25,000
- Vehicular Assault: Class D felony punishable by imprisonment (2 to 12 years) and a fine up to $5,000
- Domestic Assault: Class A felony punishable by imprisonment (up to 11 months 29 days) and a fine up to $2,500
- Criminally Negligent Homicide: Class E felony punishable by imprisonment (1 to 6 years) and a fine up to $3,000
- Reckless Homicide: Class D felony punishable by imprisonment (2 to 12 years) and a fine up to $5,000
- Voluntary Manslaughter: Class C felony punishable by imprisonment ( 3 to 15 years) and a fine up to $10,000
- Vehicular Homicide: Class B felony punishable by imprisonment (8 to 30 years) and a fine up to $25,000
- Second-degree Murder: Class A felony punishable by imprisonment ( 15 to 60 years) and fine up to $50,000
- First-degree Murder: Class A felony punishable by death, imprisonment for life without possibility of parole, or imprisonment for life
Even a misdemeanor assault charge can have negative consequences that will follow an individual for many years. I and my team of 4 experienced criminal defense attorneys will aggressively fight to minimize the negative outcome of your case to the greatest extent possible. In addition, all assault and homicide charges have defined elements which must be proved by a prosecutor in order for a conviction to be secured, and we will work tirelessly to show the flaws in the prosecution’s case against you.
Contact Lannom & Williams to Discuss Your Circumstances
If an assault or homicide charge has impacted you or your family member, please contact Frank Lannom Law Group today at (615) 444-3995 and schedule a private, confidential consultation. We’ll be glad to explain your legal rights to you and answer your questions.