Lebanon & Mt. Juliet TN Injury and Disability Lawyer
Hi, I’m Keith Williams. I am one of the founding partners of Lannom and Williams. If you’ve been involved in an automobile accident, the first thing you need to do is seek medical treatment. After you’ve seen to your medical attention, and if you’re able to, look into the accident report prepared by the officer. Make sure it is factually correct. See if there are any witnesses on the report. You might want to interview any witnesses that you know were at the scene.
Take photographs of your car, the other person’s car, and you also want to take pictures of the wreck scene yourself. If an insurance adjuster calls you, whether it be the at fault party’s , or your own insurance adjuster, don’t assume they have your best interest in mind.
I hope you or a love one never need my services, but if you do, you will not only hire me, you will hire an experienced team of accident and injury attorneys, paralegals and investigators who will work together to ensure the most favorable outcome for your case.
I am a certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and I’m very proud of that distinction since less than 1% of attorneys in the United States have that certification. I enjoy lecturing at legal seminars across the state of Tennessee and the country so I can share my knowledge and experience with others attorneys in order that they can better serve their injured clients. On a national level, I am an active member of the American Association for Justice and was elected as Vice Chair of the Aviation Section of the AAJ for the 2013/14 term. I am very proud that my fellow attorneys voted me Best Lawyers in America for my work in Products Liability cases.
I am a trial attorney at heart. While it is true that most injury cases are settled before trial (and that is a good thing – it gets the client the money they need more quickly and saves them the time and expense of a trial), sometimes the insurance company or attorneys for the other side just will not bargain in good faith. But that’s OK, because I have significant courtroom experience and have obtained several substantial verdicts including a $6,200,000 verdict which is believed to be the largest verdict ever obtained in Sumner County, Tennessee. And, while courtroom victories are exciting, the most gratifying part of my work is seeing the benefits that my clients receive as a result of the settlements and/or trial victories. I am admitted to practice before all Tennessee State Courts including: The Tennessee Supreme Court; Tennessee Court of Appeals as well as all County Chancery and Circuit Courts across the State.
I have been practicing law, with a focus on injury law, for over 25 years. My fundamental belief is that everyone is entitled to have their rights, their recovery, their dignity and their future safeguarded if they have been injured due to the negligence of someone else (whether an individual or a corporation). My practice is focused on aviation accident and disasters, product liability and vehicle accident cases, including car and motorcycle wrecks as well as tractor trailer accidents. I also have years of experience representing those injured in bicycle accidents, boating accidents, medical malpractice and disability law.
Honors and Awards:
- Received the industry recognition of his peers by achieving the Martindale-Hubbell “Preeminent” Peer Review
- AVVO Rating of 10 (Superb)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award
- Listed in the 19th, 20th and 21st Editions of Best Lawyers in America
- Recognizing body of work and success in the area of Products Liability in the MidSouth area., 2013/14, Products Liability: Nashville, Best Lawyers in America
- Named Best Lawyer: Nashville Area 2012/2013
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education
- TAJ Circle of Advocates, Member
- Past President of the Tennessee Association for Justice (TAJ), serves on the Executive Committee and Board of Governors of the TAJ
- Public Justice Foundation, Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Past Chair of the Aviation Law Section of the American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Lawyers Involved for Tennessee (LIFT) Contributing Member
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Establishing Liability for 3rd Party Brokers in Trucking Cases, Speaker, Establishing Liability for 3rd Party Brokers in Trucking Cases, North Dakota Association for Justice, 2014
- Determining Liability in Trucking Cases, Speaker, Determining Liability in Trucking Cases, Mississippi Association for Justice, 2014
- Federal Rules of Evidence in Aviation Cases, Speaker/Panel Member, Federal Rules of Evidence in Aviation Cases, American Bar Association, 2014
- Establishing Liability for 3rd Party Brokers in Trucking Cases, Speaker, Establishing Liability for 3rd Party Brokers in Trucking Cases, Kentucky Association For Justice, 2014
- Proving Freigh Broker Liability in Tractor Trailer Cases, Speaker, Proving Freight Broker Liability in Tractor Trailer Cases, Tennessee Association for Justice – Annual Review, 2013
- Holding the Broker Liable in 18-Wheeler Cases, Speaker/Webinar, Holding the Broker Liable in 18-Wheeler Cases, Tennessee Association for Justice, 2013
- FDA Advises Consumers Not To Use Certain Zicam Cold Remedies
- Lawsuits in Tennessee to Address Secondary Infection Caused by Tainted Steroid
- Medical Malpractice and Children – 20 Tips to Help Prevent It
- Viral, Bacterial and Fungal Meningitis and How to Avoid Them
- Airline Safety – Should Passengers Be Concerned
- 10 Common Myths About Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
- Wrote the book on personal injury, penning “The Consumers’ Guide to a Tennessee Accident or Personal Injury Case”, a comprehensive guide for victims of injury accidents
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Keith obtained an $8,750,000 settlement for his young client who was hit by a tractor trailer and severely injured. Part of this recovery was made against the 3rd Party Freight Broker as well as the trucking company., 2013
- After trial, Keith won a $591,000 jury verdict for his McMinnville Tennessee client injured when a truck hit her vehicle., 2010
$6,200,000 verdict in car accident case representing a mother who lost her leg in a wreck that was not her fault. This is believed to be one, if not the, largest verdict ever awarded in Sumner County, Tennessee.